This week I have been lucky enough to be nominated by three other sweet and talented bloggers for the Liebster Award. This is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. This is such a great way to create a sense of community and spread friendship amongst bloggers, and I am honored to be a part of this!
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- You can choose to either accept or decline. Accepting means writing a post, which you don’t have to do, but it helps to continue spreading the love!
- Write a list of 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to keep the award going, and give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have been doing online school/classes for years now, and I absolutely love it.
- I listen to pretty much every genre of music (seriously), but my favorites are Christian, country, and alternative.
- I was almost attacked by a dog when I was a toddler. I am now afraid of dogs.
- Being an aunt is one of my favorite things ever.
- I love the British royal family. Kate is literal goals, and Harry is my mental health hero.
- I have seen my favorite band, Needtobreathe, in concert every year since I was a freshman in high school.
- I am a huge beauty junkie, and I spend way too much time watching beauty vloggers on YouTube.
- Emma Watson is one of my heroes, and has been for years now.
- I love making playlists. And I do. A lot. (If you need a playlist for anything, hit me up.)
- My favorite politicians are Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, Trey Gowdy, Rand Paul, Mia Love, Ben Sasse, and Tim Scott.
- I am very close with my family (immediate and extended), especially my cousins.
I’ve decided to answer the questions from all of the lovely ladies who nominated me. First up are Liu Mao’s questions:
- What is your middle name? I actually don’t have one! Since my first name has two parts, that’s all I’ve got.
- Favorite dessert? BROWNIES. I’m obsessed. It’s a problem.
- Favorite language? I’m obviously the most fluent in English, but I’ve been taking Spanish classes for three years now, and I love learning that language as well! Although my skills are still iffy, I hope to be fluent one day.
- Where were you born? I was born in South Carolina in the US of A.
- Favorite childhood TV show/movie? My favorite TV show when I was a kid was Caillou. I loved basically every Disney movie ever, but I think Monsters, Inc. was my favorite.
- Favorite international food? I love Italian food. Pasta is my life.
- What is your hobby/hobbies? Writing (obviously), reading (all the time), and keeping up with politics
- Are you an only child? I have two older half-sisters.
- Why did you start blogging? I have loved writing for as long as I can remember, and I hope to one day go into journalism, so I thought this would be good experience. I intended to focus mainly on politics on my blog since that is what I am interested in writing about one day as a journalist, but I have really felt Heavenly Father prompting me to use my talents to share my faith through blogging as well.
- What are you studying in college? English
Next up are Ally’s questions:
- What is your go-to order at a coffee shop? I don’t drink coffee, but I love a good coffee shop pastry.
- What city holds a special place in your heart, and why? Columbia, SC. My grandparents used to live there and I have so many great memories of being with my extended family there.
- What is one word that you’d like to engrave on the heart of your younger self? Wow. That is a loaded question. I think I’m going to have to go with “worthy.” I feel like I could have used the reminder to extend grace to myself and that I don’t have to beat myself up over every little thing and let my anxiety take control.
- What was the last brave thing you did? Probably writing my post regarding mental health. It was scary for me to be that vulnerable, especially since so few people knew about my battle with that.
- Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Why? I am definitely an indoors kinda girl. I actually have really bad heat intolerance due to some of my health issues, but I’ve just never been a huge outdoors fan regardless.
- If you had $500 and only one day to spend it, what would you buy? I would like to think that I would spend most of the money on practical, necessary things, and spend some of it helping others, but I might have to throw a Kate Spade bag in there too.
- What is your favorite thing to cook? I love making enchiladas, and I literally use the recipe that is on the back of the El Paso enchilada sauce can. #skills
- If you could change your birthdate, would you? What date would you pick? I don’t think I would change it. I’m happy with where it’s at.
- Did you have an imaginary friend as a kid? YES. Her name was Kelly-Alex (I’m assuming I wanted to go with a double name since I have one). I’m pretty sure I decided that she lived in the backyard.
- How do you feel about spiders? I am terrified. Size is not a factor. They are all evil.
- What is your #1 book recommendation? For fiction, The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. For nonfiction, Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst.
Finally, here are Cassie’s questions:
- What made you want to start blogging? Like I said above, I initially saw it as practice and skill-building for my future journalism career, but now I look at it as a way to share my faith as well.
- If money weren’t a factor, what would be your dream job? Is it possible to be a professional reader? Because I would totally go with that.
- Do you travel or are you more of a homebody? I like to travel, but I prefer to spend most of my time at home.
- Could you see yourself living in another state or possibly country in the future? I think living in another country would be too much of a change for me (plus I love America!), but I would be open to living in another state.
- What’s your motto? I’m kind of a quote collector, and I feel like my motto changes a lot, but one that I seem to stick with is “When I can’t, You always can” (from the song “What Love is This” by Kari Jobe).
- If you could eat dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Why? My grandpa. He passed away in December and I miss him terribly.
- What place would you consider to be your “happy place?” Any where that I’m with my family (especially if it’s the whole extended family gathered together).
- Do you play any sports? No. I used to do gymnastics (for like six months), though. Does attempting to get on the treadmill count, though? Because sometimes I do that.
- What makes you unique? My positivity, in spite of the health challenges I have faced, and how I have let them shape me for the better.
- If you made a perfume, what would it be called? Grace (I think Philosophy may already have that one though…)
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? If my dreams could come true, it would be Selena Gomez. I mean, we kinda even look alike! (Not really, but I’m trying to make this work here.)
Now for the bloggers I nominate. I haven’t been blogging very long, so I haven’t had the chance to meet a ton of other bloggers, but I have interacted with some. I nominate:
- Kristin // https://kristenshane.com/
- Kelsea // https://kelseamoriah.wordpress.com/
- Rachel // https://rachelsrambles.com/
- Livi // https://liviburke.wordpress.com/
- Rebekah // https://rebekahblogs.com/
- Allie // https://wearenewromantics.wordpress.com/
- Lily // http://lovewyns.blogspot.com/
- Kristabel // https://kristabeldubois.wordpress.com/
- Kara // http://joybecausegrace.com/
- Taylor // https://taywords.com/
- Elizabeth // https://realismcom.wordpress.com/
And my questions for them:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook?
- If you could go back and change one thing about your life, such as a decision you made, would you? And what would it be?
- What is another culture that you would like to know more about?
- What charitable causes are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Which one of Jesus’ characteristics (compassion, humility, etc.) means the most to you or has influenced you the most and why?
- What is the greatest gift God has given you?
- What is your favorite fairytale?
- How do you feel about vegetables?
- Who are some of your heroes and why?
Again, thank you so much Liu, Ally, and Cassie for nominating me! Be sure to check out their fantastic blogs (linked above) as well!